My Quest

This blog is the tale of my quest for home-made, low-salt, traditional, rustic and innovative cuisine. Special attention is given to restaurants and food suppliers in special locations, such as locally owned farms, farmer's markets, walkable people places, water view properties and to properties of notable architectural merit. Restaurants and inns are considered in light of sustainability efforts as well, and noted with a green apple for special efforts to conserve and sustain.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Caffe Latte

Dobbs Ferry NY
Basilio's shop on Cedar Street is a local favorite and has survived many competing cafe's in the village for two main reasons-the cappuccino is superb and the proprietor charming. The acquaintances one meets in visiting often have a casual ease about sharing in conversation I enjoy. For quiet moments, Caffe Latte is a great place to go for some peace time with a good book.
The Italian deserts are delicious and my personal favorite is the Berry Pie, Frutta di Bosco, which I buy whole and bring to my family on Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

  1. one of our favorite spots and we love that same treat.
    pve

    ReplyDelete